- A dog starving at his master's gate predicts the ruin of the state.
- Action speak louder than words.
- Believe in yourself.
- Do one thing at a time, and do well.
- Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.
- Don't look forward to the day you stop suffering, because when it comes you know you'll be dead.
- Everyone has some tricks they can do, but each has his own way of doing them.
- Gather you rosebuds while you may, old time is still a flying, and this same flower that smiles today, tomorrow will be dying.
- I can because I think I can.
- I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by custom.
- It is hard to please all.
- Jack of all trades and master of none.
- Judge not from appearances.
- Justice has long arms.
- Keep good men company and you shall be of the number.
- Keep on going never give up.
- Kill two birds with one stone.
- Kings go mad, and the people suffer for it.
- Kings have long arms.
- Knowlegde can change your fate.
- Knowledge is power.
- Knowledge makes humble, ignorance makes proud.
- Learn and live.
- Learn not and know not.
- Learn to walk before you run.
- Learning makes a good man better and ill man worse.
- Let bygones be bygones.
- Let sleeping dogs lie.
- Let the cat out of the bag.
- Lies can never changes fact.
- Lies have short legs.
- Life is half spent before we know what it is.
- Life is just like the sea, only the one with strong will can come over it. — Karl Heinrich Marx
生活就像海洋，只有意志坚强的人才能到达彼岸。 — 卡尔·马克思
- Life is not all roses.
- Life without a friend is death.
- Like a rat in a hole.
- Like author, like book.
- Like father, like son.
- Like for like.
- Like knows like.
- Like mother, like daughter.
- Like teacher, like pupil.
- Like tree, like fruit.
- Never forget to say "thanks".
- Never put off what you can do today until tomorrow.
- Never say die.
- Other people's harvests are always the best harvests, but one's own children are always the best children.
- The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.
- There is no feast on earth that does not end in parting.
- Those who can lose shall gain; those who wish for gain shall lose.
- Water off a duck's back.
- Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well.
- You cannot improve your past, but you can improve your future. Once time is wasted, life is wasted.